I love nothing more than a quick and easy recipe! I enjoy cooking but I also enjoy eating and sometimes, it's nice to spend more time on the eating than the cooking so here's another one for you bored or lazy chefs out there. This is one of my secret tactics to getting a meal prepped, cooked and served in less than 30 minutes!
It's a short list of ingredients that you more than likely already have to hand. For the fish-haters out there....this kind of works with chicken but the balance of flavours must be adjusted. That's for another post though! Enjoy people!
Recipe - Serves 1-2
1 whole cleaned and gutted sea bream (or any other white fish)
1 tbsp olive oil (you can use soy sauce if you don't want any oil)
1 clove garlic
1 chilli (deseeded if you can't take the heat)
1-inch piece of ginger
5 basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Make 3 or 4 cuts (depending on the size of your fish) along the body of the fish, down to the bone on each side.
- Thinly slice your ginger, garlic, chilli and basil.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil then insert a couple of slices of each of the garlic, ginger, chilli and basil into each incision and sprinkle the remainder over the fish.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop into a hot oven for 20minutes!!
- That's it!! Serve with a salad, rice, potatoes, quinoa....or just enjoy the whole fish to yourself! I won't tell :)