For the record, this isn't the Indian dish that most people think of when they hear the words "butter chicken"! This is a simple chicken recipe that tastes simply yummy and was ready in 25 minutes! For those that struggle with cooking on weeknights, I hope this is something that will encourage you to get into the kitchen and prepare yourself a yummy dinner!
You can build up the flavour with herbs or with additional spices. I used half a teaspoon of paprika to add a little colour to the chicken. You'll need an oven safe frying pan or shallow pot.
For those that are fussy about what they cook their food in, you can substitute olive oil, coconut oil, whatever works for you! It just won't be simple butter chicken anymore.lol Adaptations are welcome, at the end of the day if it gets you cooking again, RESULT!!
Recipe - Serves 2
2 chicken legs
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
1/2 tsp paprika
50g unsalted butter
1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Score the chicken legs to the bone and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized frying pan (mine's 26") melt the butter on a medium heat until it just starts to sizzle.
- Chop up the chilli and the garlic, add to the hot butter and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken legs and allow to fry for 5 minutes on each side.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the buttery sauce and baste the chicken well then transfer the pan to the oven for 15 minutes whilst you prep your accompanying veg or salad.
- Remove from the oven and rest for a couple of minutes before serving.