Seafood! Who doesn't love seafood? Well one of my sisters actually but let's just say her tastebuds didn't fully form 😁! She'll skip over the fishy recipes (I hope!) otherwise well, we'll cross that bridge I guess.....
This recipe was born out of curiosity because I found a bunch of recipes that called for a good glug of wine and a few others that had far too many ingredients going on and I kept thinking please I love cooking but given that my tagline is that "Cooking Doesn't Have to Be a Chore" I can't justify keeping you too long in the kitchen!
I won't babble on. This is an easy tasty recipe that you can of course add some pinot grigio to if you wish or peas and chicken if fishtastic is revolting to you! Enjoy my dears 😋
Seafood Risotto- Makes 2 servings
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
10 king prawns
1 tsp olive oil
200g chopped tomatoes (I used the tinned stuff)
200g arborio rice
350ml hot stock
pinch of fennel seeds
- Sauté the garlic, chillies and onions in the butter for a couple of minutes.
- Add the scallops and prawns and fry for 2 minutes on each side then remove from the pan and set aside covered in foil.
- Add the oil to the pan and loosen up the sticky bits in the pan. Add the chopped tomatoes and on a medium heat, let it simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the rice and half a cup of stock.
- Leave uncovered on the medium heat to continue simmering until the liquid starts drying up.
- Sprinkle in the fennel seeds and add half of the remaining stock. As it starts to dry up again, add the remaining stock and reduce to low heat to allow the rice to soften completely.
- Add the mussels, pushing them deep into the pan and add back the scallops and the prawns until the mussels open up.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cheese and juice of the lemon before plating.