I hope everyone had a truly Merry Christmas yesterday. We were in a bit of a food coma for a few hrs watching movies. I shared a picture of my very modest plate yesterday on instagram! If you're anything like me, it's very hard to just buy what you need when you go Christmas food shopping! I always have to get a little extra this and that just in case some disaster happens like knocking a pan over or dropping the roasting tray because I've got vinyl gloves on and forgot to put oven gloves on...can you tell I've had a couple of kitchen mishaps in the past??
Well here's a little something you can do with those leftover breadcrumbs, sage, onions (literally blitz this with a little butter, parsley and seasoning to get stuffing) and some prawns! It's also a perfect idea for a new years' eve party, just grab some cocktail sticks and place on the side of the tray for your guests to help themselves...
I had enough stuffing left for 6 large prawns...
1 1/2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sage & onion stuffing (I used shop bought)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or any chilli powder
Small pot of oil for deep frying
- Peel and devein the prawns and set out on a plate.
- Heat the oil on a high heat as you'll want to cook the prawns quite quickly.
- Put the flour and black pepper on a saucer. I added some extra chilli to mine. Yes I'm a chilli fiend 😛
- Pour the stuffing onto a saucer and add the cayenne pepper.
- Beat the egg and set aside. Now set up your assembly line...prawns, flour, egg, stuffing!
- Dip the prawns in the flour mix, then egg, stuffing and into your hot oil.
- Fry for 3 minutes on a high heat and voila!! Nom Nom Nom!!