Chunky Chilli Sauce
As the nights get colder in Dubai, we need a little more heat packed into our dinners but we wanted something that was going to be a little "meaty" rather than the typically smooth sauces most stores have to offer.
This is a simple something I whipped up that gave us the perfect heat and a crazy after-kick that made our lips tingle so for those wanting a little lip plumping action before heading out on the town, yes! You can thank me later ☺️
1 beef tomato
1 medium onion
5 habanero chillies
a sprinkle of mixed herbs-oregano, thyme, marjoram, parsley
4 tbsp coconut sugar
30ml apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the onion into half moon slices and chop the tomato into rough chunks.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and add in the onions and tomato.
- Thinly slice the chillies and add to the pan with the herbs, stirring the contents together well. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar and stir until well combined.
- Once the sugarhouse dissolved, add the apple cider vinegar and leave to simmer until it starts to thicken and darken.
- Once it comes easily from the sides and resembles a salsa, turn off the heat and leave to cool slightly before serving.